Tuesday, June 18, 2013

O Is For Outing

I'm taking you on a journey from A to Z through the land of dairy! 
There's no need to pack your bags, just come along!
  O Is For Outing
This story was going to be "V Is For Visit". That's 22 days into June...too long too wait. How about "T is For Tour". Nope, still too far away. I'm like an anxious child on Christmas morning, I just can't wait to share this story about an outing to our farm by our new friends!

This past weekend my family and I played host to blogger Amy and her family from Grinning cheek to cheek. Thanks to Midwest Dairy for suggesting this city gal see what really happens on a family owned dairy farm. 

Amy and Joe and their adorable boys, Andrew and Ethan arrived last Saturday afternoon right before another wave of rain hit the farm. In true adventurer style, they donned their blue plastic booties that we provide to our visitors, and the tour began!

One size fits all?
Cow feeding, the milking barn, our calf barn; yes, they saw it all. They experienced the sights, smells and sounds of life on the farm. You can see it all by going to Grinning cheek to cheek.

I love sharing our passion for dairy farming, and I enjoy the enthusiasm our guests show for the life and responsibility we some days may take for granted. I know Grinning cheek to cheek learned something about our dairy farm, but through our guests I'm also reminded of what a blessing we have been given to live the life of a farm family. 



 Learn more about dairy at Dairy Makes Sense
 
I am making a commitment to share as much as I can with you each day this month, about the life of our dairy farm family including what we do, how we share our passion for dairy, and dairy foods we enjoy.


 See you here tomorrow...P is for Price.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment