Thursday, July 2, 2020

Ugly Wrapping Paper Reveals Story Time is a Blessing

"Sometimes blessings come in ugly wrapping paper." - Robbie Norton

If you are an avid follower of My Barnyard View on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or this blog, you know that I have been reading a lot lately! I've been reading five books a week, for months! I may not be narrowing down my must-reads from the New York Times best sellers list, but I've read some great books. I've also been doing some writing, but I'll get to that in a moment.


I have been sharing a new book each day, Monday through Friday since the pandemic began in March. With daughter Sara's help, the day's story is followed up with a kids cooking class, a craft, a drawing lesson, or a field trip around our farm. We have toured the calf barn, our fields during planting and baling, our irrigator, and lots more. We even had a visit from a dinosaur!


 It has really given Sara and I a fun project. Hopefully our followers find it meaningful and also fun. If you haven't stumbled upon it yet, you can see all of them on my YouTube channel or the Story Time tab on this blog. We are fast approaching 100 episodes of story time. That's 100 books read!

So when Progressive Dairy asked me to again write for their magazine and website, I gladly wrote about story time. You can read "Story Time is a Blessing" by clicking here.


I've written for Progressive Dairy several times in the past five years.
For your reading pleasure.... ;) here are a few.












No comments:

Post a Comment