Thursday, November 29, 2018

A Reason to Scream With the Minnesota Vikings

What do 700 students and the fans at U.S. Bank Stadium have in common? ...noise and enthusiasm!


Yesterday the noise and enthusiasm of the students of Kaposia Education Center would have rivaled that of the fans at the recent Minnesota Vikings - Green Bay Packers game. 
Because of their schools efforts in the Fuel Up To Play 60 program, they received a Hometown Grant and a visit from some special guests of the Minnesota Vikings.

These kids had good reason to cheer. The $10,000 grant will be used to accomplish the students goal of improved health and wellness through several activities and purchases. A farm tour, nutritional information, a smoothie maker, fitness equipment, and even Ninja Warrior stations, are just some of the ways this grant money will be used to assist students in eating well and staying active. 


I was invited to be the guest dairy farmer which gave me the opportunity to speak at the program as well as give a presentation about my farm and life as a dairy farmer to the first grade classes. I got to field some great questions too!


Viktor the Viking, Vikings players and staff, and Vikings cheerleaders, came to help in the celebration. The players were interviewed by students from the FUTP60 leaders,


there was a field goal kicking contest, and the FUTP60  leaders also went through some skill drills lead by the Vikings Youth Football Development Manager.


I am so proud of these students and staff for their dedication to a healthy lifestyle through the Fuel Up To Play 60 program and I was thrilled to be a part of their special day. Keep up the great work Kaposia!


You know me, I'm quite a Vikings fan. I couldn't leave without a photo... 


L-R Stephen Weatherly (#91- defensive end), me, Chad Beebe (#12- wide receiver), Vikings Legend Greg Coleman, and Jeff Robinson (youth football development manager). 

and autographs!



No comments:

Post a Comment