Thursday, June 9, 2016

G Is For Greek Yogurt

What's the difference between Greek yogurt and traditional yogurt?
Greek yogurt is strained to remove much of the liquid whey, lactose and sugar. This gives it a thicker consistency than traditional yogurt.

In some cases, Greek yogurt packs double the protein and roughly half the carbohydrates as regular yogurt. Greek yogurt works well in recipes because of its tangy flavor, creamy texture and thicker consistency.

Whether you choose Greek, or traditional, yogurt works well in recipes.
Midwest Dairy can help with your recipe search.

PS- I considered naming today's blog post "G Is For Good Gosh, Why Do We Farm?" It has been quite a day on Bremer Farms. This morning and early afternoon I attended a meeting for my position as Minnesota Dairy Princess Coordinator while John and Michael began chopping hay. My family and I finally sat down to lunch at 2:00. By 3:00 we were all in the field chopping hay again. At 4:30, Farmer John was heading to the implement dealer to buy a replacement chain for the one that broke on the hay chopper. At 5:45 I was back in the hay field, with the newly repaired chopper, with all going well until 8:30 when I came across a gopher mound that decided  it was going to play havoc with the chopper. At 10:35PM the chopper is fixed, we sat down to a quick hot dog, grapes and chocolate milk for dinner. It is now 12:33AM. Blog is done, time for a shower and I'll be snoring before my head hits the pillow. Good gosh, I'm glad every day isn't like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment