Tuesday, June 7, 2016

F Is For Farmer John

If you have read the "About Janet" tab on the top of this page you already know- 

I grew up on a chicken and dairy farm with my parents and brother and sister. As a teen I remember saying, "I'll never marry a farmer. Farmers work long hours, and rarely get a day off." Well, as the saying goes, never say never. Farmer John and I were married 32 years ago. I think it was his dedication and commitment to farming that brought us together. He reminds me of my dad. My mom and I often tease that I "married someone just like my father." That makes me smile.


 Farmer John is one of those people who always knew he wanted to be a farmer. He never wanted to be anything but a farmer. Growing up, he spent more time in the barn with the animals than anywhere else. It's where he wanted to be.


 When High School graduation came, he was excited to become a full time farmer. His dream was finally coming true.

 There is a familiar saying, “If you love your job, you will never work a day of your life.” I believe this is Farmer John’s motto. He loves what he does each day, and although he is one of the hardest working men I know, I can bet he will never call his job work. It’s this attitude and optimism that makes Farmer John so content to do what we do, each and every day.

I recently asked him what he wanted to do if he couldn't farm. "I can't think of anything I'd rather do." Yep. That's why I love him!



Don't forget to enter to win The Dairy Good Cookbook.

Happy June Dairy Month.
See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, he is a very dedicated farmer with a God driven work ethic!

    ReplyDelete