Thursday, October 10, 2013

This And That Thursday - 4

A little bit of this and a little bit of that- here's what we've been up to.

Recently I attended the Minneapolis Public Schools Farm To School BBQ. You can read about it at my post  Farm 2 School. That night I met Kyle Larkin, who races at Elko Speedway. During our visit he told me his race car and racing attire is decked out in cow spots! "Send me a photo," I said. I'm all about sharing my love of dairy, and it appears that Kyle is too!


Sara has been busy preparing the front yard for our trick-or-treaters. When shopping, it seems she can't pass by the Halloween decorations without bringing a few home with her. My favorite is the big jack-o-lantern that sings. Trust me, it looks a lot spookier at night.


Good news! Our silage project is finished. Learn about silage here. Our bunker is completely full, and ready to feed our "girls" so they can continue to produce good-for-you milk. We are now back to baling hay, and combining corn will begin soon. Never a dull moment here!

Have you voted yet? Our Show Your Pride photo needs you. We are hoping to win the grand prize, a visit to our farm by a National Football League player. Please click on Show Your Pride and vote for our Minnesota Vikings photo. Just look for the purple pride. You can't miss it.


Learn more at Dairy Makes Sense

No comments:

Post a Comment