My family takes turns hosting the holidays, and it's my sister that gets the honor this year. Since my sister is the hostess, she assigns what each of us brings to the table. This year I bring hot vegetables and a pie. If you read Santa Lives In Our Neighborhood (posted August 9, 2012) you know we have the vegetable taken care of, now on to the pie. I have accumulated a pretty vast collection of cookbooks and I chose a recipe from The Hershey's Homemade cookbook. Since my family did not aquire the "I like pie gene" from me, most pies were out of the question, but anything chocolate is a hit with my gang.
Chocolate Marble Cheesepie
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk), divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 4 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- Stir together cocoa and 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and very thick. Remove from heat; stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat 2 packages cream cheese in small bowl until fluffy; add cocoa mixture, beating until well blended. Cool thoroughly.
remaining 2 packages cream cheese in medium bowl until fluffy.
Gradually beat in remaining sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and
remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. Alternately spoon vanilla and chocolate
mixtures into prepared pie crust; gently swirl with knife or spatula for
marbled effect. Refrigerate 8 hours or until firm. Garnish with
chocolate curls, if desired. 6 to 8 servings.
CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST: Stir together 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter or margarine. Press mixture firmly on bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate; refrigerate about 2 hours before filling.