- How many servings of dairy are recommended each day ? Adults and children nine years and older are encouraged to have three servings of milk and milk products each day.
- What percentage of dairy farms in the United States are family owned? 99 percent of U.S. farms are family owned.
- Which dairy product is proven to refuel tired muscles after physical activity? Chocolate milk contains an optimal ratio of carbohydrate to protein. It is almost twice as effective as commercial sports drinks.
- How much milk does an average dairy cow produce per day? The average dairy cow produces anywhere from six to eight gallons of milk each day. That's 2,000 gallons of milk every year!
- How far away does a cow's sense of smell reach? Cows can smell something up to six miles away.
- What is the approximate cost of milk per glass? Milk is a nutritional bargain costing about 25 cents per glass.
- How many hours a day do most cows chew their cud? Most cows chew at least 50 times per minute, and spend 10 hours a day chewing their cud in order to aid in digestion.
- How many spots are identical on the average dairy cow? Every cow spot is like a snowflake; no two are the same.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little Dairy Trivia.
The girls and I say thanks for playing!