Friday, January 18, 2019

2018 Top Five

 I mean this with all sincerity when I say we love what we do, but the dairy farming  community is having a very difficult time these past few years; prices are low and costs are elevating. Many farmers are facing bankruptcy and their mental, emotional, and physical health is suffering. Farms of all sizes are closing their doors forever. 

Thank you for your desire to learn more about what we do and why we are so passionate about our farms and animals, and perhaps you can say a little prayer for us farmers too. Again, thank you!

At the end of each year I like to share with you what my top five most viewed blog posts are. 
Here we go... 2018 Top Five

5. I Am The Midwest Region Farm Mom Of The Year! I still can't believe I was selected as one of ten farm moms recognized across the United States for this award because there are so many deserving farm moms getting to do what we love every day.


4. Dairy Farmers And The Super Bowl With Minnesota playing host to thousands of football fans and the Super Bowl, daughter Sara and I got the opportunity to share the connection dairy farming has with football. 


3. Future Veterinarian Students Learn On Bremer Farms We are proud to have a teaching partnership with a local college so that students can learn methods and techniques on live animals. See what they were learning this day...


2. Royalty Visits Bremer Farms And Aprons Optional Daughter Sara's TV Show, Aprons Optional was visited by Minnesota's goodwill ambassador for the dairy community, Princess Kay of The Milky Way, Emily Annexstad. See what they cooked up in this episode in preparation for June Dairy Month.


1. Who Will Be The Next Princess Kay Of The Milky Way? As Princess Kay Emily's reign comes to a close, who will be the next to wear the crown?  As the Minnesota Dairy Princess Coordinator I get to know these young ladies that are passionate and devoted to telling the dairy farm story.


Thank you for continuing to follow My Barnyard View and our escapades on Bremer Farms.  My family appreciates that you enjoy learning about the crazy world of dairying.

Have you followed My Barnyard View on Facebook? We share lots of daily goings-on there.






No comments:

Post a Comment