Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Seven Middle Schoolers and the Super Bowl Experience

Strap in folks, you've got a new set of hands on the keyboard.  My mom asked if I'd be willing to talk about what happened to me, her daughter Sara, today.  I work at our middle school in town.  This year I was lucky enough to get to start a Fuel Up to Play 60 group with another teacher in my building.  The kids have been fantastic this year.  They have learned a lot about healthy eating and how to get 60 minutes of physical activity into their lives.

With all this hard work, there have also come some great rewards.  Today I got a chance to take seven students to the Super Bowl Experience.  This travels around the United States following the Super Bowl.  With Minnesota hosting this year, it was right in our own backyard.  I had no idea what to expect, but I can tell you one thing for sure.  We were not disappointed.

Midwest Dairy offered 500 students a chance to go and experience various skill drills they would find on the NFL combine.  There were touchdown passes, field goal kicks, and just about any other play you'd see watching the big game this Sunday.

Testing out our vertical jumps

Field Goal Kick Drills
There was also a chance to see the perspective of the players through a virtual reality experience.  It was also fun to see items from the Football Hall of Fame.  My favorite was getting the chance to see last year's Super Bowl ring.  As you can see below, my hand is pretty darn small in comparison.



After lunch they also had the chance to see a secret concert hosted by the cheerleaders and mascots of the Vikings, Patriots, and Eagles.  They can look forward to seeing it replayed this Sunday.  Who knows maybe one of them might be on national tv this weekend.



The kids had a wonderful time and they were pretty sleepy on the ride home.  It has been fantastic being part of the Fuel Up to Play 60 program.  If your school has this group, get your kids involved.  Any time we have an activity at my school parents, teachers, and students get excited to see what our school might be participating in next.
I will never be this close to the Lombardi trophy ever again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! What a special day for each of you! Thank you for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. As you can see, we love being dairy farmers, and these extra activities just add to our love of what we do!

      Delete