Saturday, October 29, 2016

IOU An Explanation

"Why did you stop writing your blog?" And, "I used to get notified when you write a new blog post and I don't anymore. Why not?" These are some of the comments I have been receiving lately. I feel I owe you an explanation. If you are reading this, you now know that I haven't given up my blog writing. If you are a repeat reader to My Barnyard View, you know that I haven't written since Saying Goodbye to Mom. A lot has happened since then.


 Dad's passing away three years ago left a huge hole in our family. I miss him every day. I think of him often when I'm working on the farm. Many of the chores I do, I first learned from him teaching me on the farm I grew up on.  The farm where Mom lived- until she also passed away.

Now that Mom is gone, there are two huge holes in our family, and every thing is changing. My brother, sister, and I have met at the family farm many, many days since Mom's passing- sorting, discussing future plans, and reminiscing. The place where all my childhood memories were made is quiet, lonely, different.


Attorney meetings, insurance meetings, trips to the bank...lots of things to take care of. I'm thankful for Farmer John, Sara, and Michael who work non-stop to keep everything running smoothly at home while I tend to Mom's affairs. I'm thankful for Gary and Dolores (my siblings) who support me, and each other, through all the transitions. Thank you God, for my amazing family!

As I continue to move forward toward my "new normal" it is important for me to remember to work-in the things that I enjoy, and one of those things is to get back to blogging. Yes, there's still a lot of Mom and Dad business to tend to, but with family support, it will get done.

So readers, look out! It's catch-up time. I'll be blogging about chaperoning some terrific young woman who spent every day telling their dairy stories at the Minnesota State Fair. I'll be sharing about the recent day spent with the advisors from the Fuel Up to Play 60 program. How's harvest coming along? I'll tell you about that too!

Thanks to all of you for sticking with me while I was "taking care of life." If you have a suggestion for a blog topic or question, please leave a comment below.


See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment