Friday, January 1, 2016

Gone, But Not Forgotten 2015

2015 Top Ten Most Viewed Blog Posts
My Barnyard View

10. 100 Reasons To Love Dairy - 2015 marks National Dairy Council's 100th year! Here are my top 10 reasons I am in love with any, and all things dairy...


9. Earth Day Is Everyday -
My family and I live by the motto, “Leave this world a little better than you found it”. We became farmers because...


8. It's About Time - Tator Tot hotdish -
For some reason Minnesotans are associated with hotdish, or to those of you non-Minnesotans...casseroles. I had never made Tater Tot Hotdish before. It's about time!


7. "Never A Dull Moment" Dinner - "Never a dull moment." If our family had a motto, this would be it! Fortunately, my family and I thrive on being busy...


6. #FarmLikeAGirl - Of course when you are farmers it is impossible to call your boss and declare a sick day, and you certainly can't just roll over and  pull the blankets over your head pretending this day is not happening...


5. Coming Soon...Princess Kay Of The Milky Way! - This is a fun, exciting and nail-biting weekend for dozens of young ladies from Minnesota...


4. A Day In The Life Of Princess Kay - One of my duties as Minnesota Dairy Princess Coordinator is to chaperone Princess Kay and the eleven princess finalists at the Minnesota State Fair, so from August 26th to September 8th, I packed my bags and moved from the farm to a hotel near the state fair to spend morning, noon, and night with 12 of the best Minnesota farm girls I know!


3. 12 Good Reasons - On July 1st I was contracted by Midwest Dairy Association to be the new Minnesota Dairy Princess Coordinator. So what does this mean?


2. Christmas Cookies And Holiday Hearts - Of course, being dairy farmers, butter made its way into nearly every cookie recipe! Dairy farmer, or not- there is nothing better than the flavor of butter in baked goods. I'm sure Santa would agree, and who knows Christmas cookies better than Santa?


1. G Is For Giveaway - It’s more than a cookbook. It’s a way for each of us to learn where our food comes from and the dairy farm families around the nation that make milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, and all our other favorite dairy foods possible.


When I began writing My Barnyard View I thought, "I'll try blogging and see how it goes." Nearly four years later I have you to thank. Without your encouragement, support, comments, and blog topic suggestions, I wouldn't be sharing our story about the farm life we love. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!
Image result for thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment