Wednesday, June 17, 2015

O Is For Opportunity

I'm taking you on a journey from A to Z throughout June Dairy Month.
So come on in...the barn doors are open!
  O Is For Opportunity
 When I was younger all my grandparents and all six of my uncles families were dairy farmers.  I realize my family is not the norm since now only about 2% of the United States population lives on a farm. Most folks are 2-3 generations removed from farming.
My Grandpa Dankers
 Have you ever been to a farm?
Many people haven't, but you now have a wonderful opportunity to experience a farm first-hand. As part of June Dairy Month, many farms are opening their doors to visitors. You can tour a working dairy farm, see the animals, and ask questions from a real farmer. Many farms even serve meals or snacks! 
It's fun, free, and family friendly. What could be better?

You may also want to read my previous years posts for June Dairy Month...
O Is For Old Fashioned 
and
O Is For Outing 

 Have you entered to win The Dairy Good Cookbook I am giving away?
Click on the Facebook icon on the upper right corner of this page. Click on the giveaway tab when you get to my Facebook page. Bingo! It's that easy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment