Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cows + Books = MOO!

I love to read and I also have many, many great memories of spending time at the local library with Sara and Michael when they were little kidlets, so when the library asks me to help out with an event (especially one that involves cows)
 I say, "What time do you want me there"?

 I recently participated in the "Once Upon a Reader" program which is designed to encourage the love of books.
 

The featured book was Moo! by David LaRochelle.


There were guest readers, like Tom from our local TV station,
 and crafts to make like these great cow hats...


and I got to talk about living and working on our dairy farm to lots of kidlets.



Cows and books, AND cookies and milk at the library...
my life is good!

You can click here to see a movie of the book Moo

and you can click here to learn more about cows and milk!

Happy Spring and Happy Reading!
Moo!



1 comment:

  1. I'm a big reader too and have spent many years in the local libraries - now I mostly use my kindle but I can still check out library books from there, and I've fallen for audiobooks while I work as well! Thanks for stopping by and linking up with the Country Fair Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete