Sunday, March 2, 2014

And The Winner Is...

Who's excited for the Oscars? 

I am an avid movie watcher, and the Oscars is my time to see if I agree with the critics. I confess I am more of an at-home movie watcher, so yes, I admit there are many nominated pictures that I haven't seen ...yet. The Oscars help me decide which movies are worthy of my theater dollars, and my time. But there is so much more to the Academy Awards than the "awards." I get wrapped up in the clothes, and hair-styles, and  the who-is-with-whom. I enjoy the movie clips, the best song nominations, and the awkwardly polite camera shots of nominated actors when their category is announced and they didn't win!

Speaking of winners (great segue, huh?) I love this new hot dip recipe; a perfect treat for "the movie industries biggest night of the year" and only three ingredients!
Any Swiss cheese can be used, however the recipe calls for Jarlsberg for its sweet and nutty taste.
 Oscar-Worthy Cheese Dip

2 cups Jarlsberg cheese, grated
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups grated onions

1. Mix altogether and place in a rectangular glass baking dish.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. Serve with crackers.
4. This recipe is even better when made a day ahead, refrigerated, and re-heated in the microwave or oven.

Best actor in a leading role goes to...Cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment