Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Yes, I'm Still Thankful

With Thanksgiving being tomorrow, I am observing a lot of conversation on Facebook, Twitter, television, and radio about "What are you thankful for?" 

This has been a very difficult year for my family with my uncle passing away, Farmer John's grandma passing away, my mom suffering a stroke in August, and my dad passing away in September, and yet, I still have much to be thankful for. My mom is currently on her 5th week in the hospital after coping with an infection, mild heart attack, bypass surgery, and last week the loss of  her right leg above the knee, but I am still thankful.

I am thankful for my faith. I am thankful for the comfort of knowing my Lord, and feeling confident that my uncle, John's grandma and my dad are safely with our Lord in heaven. I am thankful God continues to guide mom's doctors through her surgeries and daily care, and that God watches over and protects mom, and restores her health if it is His will. I am thankful for my church family and their support and kindness and prayers.

I am thankful for my family; for their hugs, prayers, and words of comfort and  encouragement. I am thankful for them sitting quietly and holding my hand when words just aren't necessary. I am thankful for my sister, brother, nieces, and nephew who know what to do to help, even before being asked. I am thankful for my uncles, aunts and cousins who reassure me when I need to be reminded that all things are in God's hands.


God has blessed me with a strong faith and a strong family, and for that I am thankful. Wishing you a "thankful" Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment