Tuesday, August 13, 2013

State Fair Milk, Verizon, And Tickets!

If you read the title of this post, you're probably wondering what these three things have in common. As a faithful follower of My Barnyard View, you already know that I love the Minnesota State Fair.

Now, about Verizon... Verizon Wireless Midwest let me share that State Fair love by inviting me to write a post sharing my affection for the Fair while wearing the many hats I wear. I hope you enjoy This Dairymom's Hat Trick.



Now, about the milk... Here's the Fair facts - The Minnesota State Fair is home to the All-You-Can-Drink Milk Stand which is owned by Minnesota's nearly 4,000 dairy farmers, and operated by Midwest Dairy. Throughout the Fair, the Milk Stand is primarily staffed by dairy farmers and their families, who volunteer their time. 2 percent white and low fat, 1 percent chocolate milk are served in a 12 ounce cup for only $1, and it's all you can drink! The average customer drinks 2-3 glasses. In 2012, we served 15,893 gallons of white, and 15,691 gallons of chocolate milk. The building features a second story "loft" where milk is stored in ten 300 gallon totes. The cold milk travels through 200 feet of stainless steel pipes to go from tote to cup. And finally, the milk Stand was voted the People's Choice Award from the State Fair for Best value in the Food/Drink category!

And now, about the tickets...

Have you entered? 
Giveaway ends this Thursday at midnight.
 4 MN State Fair Admissions and 4 malt coupons. 
Click this link- My Very First Giveaway!



2 comments:

  1. GREAT job! Loved the Verizon blog- your explanations would entice me to come to the fair if I weren't already going several days! Proud of you, sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe I'll see you at the Fair! I know you have a love "A-Fair" with the Minnesota State Fair too!

      Delete