|Our daughter Sara was a Princess Kay finalist in 2005.|
- The tradition of carving butterheads began in 1965.
- 2013 is artist Linda Christensen's 42nd year of butter carving at the Great Minnesota State Fair.
- The temperature inside the rotating butter booth is 40 degrees.
- It takes 21.8 pounds of whole milk to make a pound of butter.
- A complete butter sculpture takes about six hours to complete. Sara's took nearly 7 hours (darn glasses).
- Midwest Dairy Association helps to sponsor butter sculpting at several state fairs in its 10 states, but sculpting in front of fair-goers using a live model is unique to Minnesota.
|And yes, each girl gets to take their butterhead home.|
See you at the Fair!