Friday, June 13, 2014

K Is For Kitten

It's June Dairy Month! The barn doors are open, 
so join me on my daily A to Z journey 
to learn more about dairy. 
  K is for Kittens
Meet some of the newest additions to Bremer Farms. Sara and I both noticed an offer we couldn't refuse in our school email. "10 kittens. Free to a good home." Since Sara can't say no to kittens (and neither can I) a quick response was sent, and shazam... 10 fine felines found their new home!

Our usual plan, when adding cats to our "herd" is to let them adjust a few days in our garage before moving them to a barn. Besides being adorable, they do serve a purpose...farms have mice! There, I said it!

At the end of their two day vacation at the Bremer Spa (garage), it was time for them to get to work. Time to wrangle cats.



O.K. We may not have 10,000 cats to wrangle, but it seemed like it! 
Here's the plan...catch a kitten, place it in Sara's car, (which has the windows open and ready to hold said kittens). Drive car to calf barn. Unload. Simple plan. Worked great. Kittens in new home. 
Everyone's happy... until the next morning...


Meet Rebel. Note the name. Sara calls home the next morning. "Mom come to town. There's a kitten in my car!" No biggie. I'll be right there. I didn't realize until meeting Sara in the church parking lot that the kitten was IN the car- inside the center console between the two front seats...
out of reach...meowing loudly...very unhappy! How the heck?

"If she got in there, she'll get out," Farmer John said. 
I hate it when he's right. 
Welcome home Rebel!


No comments:

Post a Comment