Thursday, February 13, 2020

Just Because.

A card from my son Michael-
"There you go again, saving the day. 
Thanks for being so super!"

He wrote,
"I always know when I need help or support, I can turn to you! 
This is a small thank you. Let's go have some fun!"

Enclosed in the card was a dinner invitation and also tickets for he and I to see Jesus Christ Superstar. 
Just because. No holiday. No reason. Just because.


Our evening began at Murray's Steakhouse in downtown Minneapolis. If you are a Minnesotan you have probably heard WCCO radio sports announcer, Sid Hartman talk about Murray's, home of  the "silver butter knife steak." Sid always raves about this place, and now I know why. It was delicious! 


A shrimp appetizer, steak, root vegetables, mac 'n cheese, and a huge slice of raspberry pie! The best steak I have ever eaten, and that is saying a lot coming from this farmer who raises our own beef! Of course the fact that my nephew Dan is the executive sous chef at Murray's made our dinner extra special!


With our bellies full, (actually overfull) it was off to the Theater...my first ride in an Uber! The evening was cold and windy so hey, why not ride?!


The Orpheum is a beautiful restored theater in downtown Minneapolis. I've seen Jesus Christ Superstar several other times, but this was by far the best production I have seen. The dancing and singing were amazing! Before we knew it, it was over!


It was such a fun evening. Thanks Michael for spoiling your mom. I love you.  Just because.


"All work and no play makes Jack (and Jill) a dull boy (and girl)."


No comments:

Post a Comment