Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Country Christmas Connection Reveal

I love shopping, and meeting new people, and Christmas, so when I heard of a "Secret Santa" gift exchange among fellow agriculture bloggers, I knew I just had to sign up. That was three years ago and I'm still participating.

Here's an explanation of how it works-
After getting paired up with my new blogger friend, I scour her blog learning about her, her interests, where she lives- you know, anything that helps me find that perfect gift. My "Secret Santa" is doing the same- checking out my blog. I then send a gift to my new blogger friend, and likewise, another blogger sends to me. Our mission is to explore new blogs, and this is such a fun way to do it.


My "Secret Santa" is Jenny from Illinois. You can find her blog at The Magic Farmhouse.
Jenny really did her research, as every gift (individually wrapped, I might add) is tied into something she read or saw on my blog. Jenny, your detective skills would make even Sherlock Holmes jealous!
Gift #1 was a gingerbread house kit since our family loves sharing Christmas with others, and this year daughter Sara made large gingerbread cut-outs to decorate our yard. 


Gift #2 was a bag of pecans for the next time I make Grandma Schaar's Pecan Ice Cream topping. #3 was an Illinois Corn can cozi which lead Jenny to share about her farm. Surprise #4 shared the fact that Jenny and are NOT coffee drinkers. Yum-hot chocolate packets for our cold winters! Gift #5 was the book Youtility by Jay Baer, and #6 was a sweet bookmark, and #7 was a John Grisham book which By-the-way I have not read even though John Grisham is one of my favorite authors! 


#8 was the sweetest gift- a sugar cookie recipe because Jenny discovered I love to bake, especially Christmas Cookies. But the sweetest part is the recipe is one her son found on the internet but tweaked to perfection! Lastly, #9 was a "Favorite Farmer" travel mug complete with instructions to enter a video contest highlighting our love of agriculture. In Jenny's final note she even included some family history photos from their farm. I love family history! 


Thanks Jenny for all the thoughtful gifts. You made my Christmas even merrier!


Special thanks to Darleen from Guernsey Dairy Mama
and also
Jenny from The Magic Farmhouse
for organizing the Country Christmas Connection.

2 comments:

  1. There is something fun about connecting with women in different areas of agriculture from different parts of America. I also think it's cool to get homemade items or items unique to other states. Sounds like Jenny did a great job being your secret Santa.

    I am a John Grisham fan too. I've read most of his books. The Painted House is a good one. Now you can enjoy a cuppa cocoa and fun bookmark when read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robyn. I'm anxious to start the Grisham book but I started Youtility first. It's the other book Jenny sent. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete