Friday, June 3, 2016

B Is For Bread and Butter

I remember my Dad bringing home an amazing bumper sticker and hat when I was a kid. I liked the saying so much that I hung the bumper sticker in my locker at Junior High.

The message was-



Back then I remember thinking, "Wow! What a powerful message." And I still think so.

It gives me goosebumps when I think of the impact and importance farming has on everyone. Thanks God for choosing me to be a farmer.



Quick Mix Pepperoni Cheese Bread

3 1/4 cup flour

1/2 cup chopped pepperoni

1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 Tablespoons sugar

1 Teaspoon salt

1 package quick rise yeast

2 Tablespoons butter

1 1/4 cup hot water

Set aside 1 cup of the flour. Mix remaining flour and all other ingredients except butter and water. Next add butter and hot water.Add remaining flour. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn into greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Cover; let rise until double in size, about 30-45 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from casserole dish and cool on wire rack. Makes 1 loaf.
I have also made this recipe substituting bacon for the pepperoni. This bread can also be made using just the cheese, or just the pepperoni.

This bread is delicious with flavored butters too, like Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme Butter.



See you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment