Monday, July 27, 2015

12 Good Reasons

I bet you're thinking, "Sure! Jan blogs like crazy everyday during June Dairy Month, and then BAM! nothing much for July." Well, you are partly right. I haven't been blogging, but I have been busy! And I have a good reason. Actually, I have 12 good reasons, and here they are.


On July 1st I was contracted by Midwest Dairy Association to be the new Minnesota Dairy Princess Coordinator. So what does this mean? The young ladies you see pictured here are the finalists for Princess Kay of the Milky Way.


Princess Kay is Minnesota's dairy ambassador, and a new one is crowned each August, on the eve of the Minnesota State Fair. The selection process began in May with judging and the naming of these 12 finalists. This past weekend the gals met again for orientation in preparation for the upcoming final round of judging that is held in late August.


These events are organized by Cindy, another Minnesota Dairy Princess Coordinator. Once our new Princess Kay is crowned, I move into action! Starting bright and early the morning after coronation, Princess Kay and her court of eleven princesses begin their appearances  at the state fair. It is my responsibility to schedule, chaperone and keep everyone smiling for the 12 days of the fair.



Following the fair, I will be working with Princess Kay on her appearances, speeches and media presentations.
I am beyond thrilled to be associated with the Minnesota princess program. I am a past County Dairy Princess, and a proud mom of a past Princess Kay state finalist. I have seen this program build confidence and poise in hundreds of young ladies in the dairy community, and I am so proud to be a part of it in this new capacity!


The photos seen here were taken at the recent orientation event.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, it is wonderful blog with us. It is nice information about dairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad you stopped by my barnyard.

      Delete