Sunday, June 7, 2015

F Is For Fun Facts

I'm taking you on a journey from A to Z throughout June Dairy Month.
So come on in...the barn doors are open!
  F Is For Fun Facts

In honor of June Dairy Month, Bremer Farms provides cookies and milk to our church friends after the Sunday morning services on the first Sunday of June each year. 
Since I love to talk about dairy farming, today was a perfect chance to have some great conversations and also quiz a few folks about their "cow knowledge."  Yep. I made some of my church friends earn their third, fourth, and fifth cookies! Can you pass my test?
How much water does a cow drink each day?
About a bathtub full.
How many stomachs does a cow have?
A cow has a single large stomach with four compartments.
How far away does a cow's sense of smell reach?
About 6 miles.
How many hours a day do cows typically chew their cud?
6-8 hours each day
So, how did you do? How many cookies did you earn? 
Porter is a little too young for icy cold milk and homemade cookies, but he sure thought the cow tasted good!

You may also want to read my previous years posts for June Dairy Month...
and

No comments:

Post a Comment