Thursday, April 10, 2014

This And That Thursday - 19

A little bit of this and a little bit of that- here's what we've been up to.
Each Spring we are visited by Canadian geese heading north on their way back home. Every year I am amazed at their size, and the volume level of their squawks as they spend a few days on our farm.

I think they enjoy the snacks that Farmer John spreads in the field. These "goose snacks" are actually a mixture of manure and straw bedding from cleaning the cow and calf barns each day. Our high-flying visitors also find tidbits of corn and corn stalks too. As quickly as they arrive, they leave for the next leg of their journey. See you next year!


Also this past week we began our "auditions" for farm workers. My post In The Blink Of an Eye  will give you an understanding of our search. Our "3 shift trials" are going very well, as we have hired three outstanding, young people who are all eager to learn about dairy farming.  
No, this picture of Bessie the cow promoting June Dairy Month is not a mistake. I know it is still April, but June will be here before I know it. I am looking for some help from you in preparation for June Dairy Month. Each June I write an A to Z Dairy blog-a-day celebrating dairy farming and dairy foods. Here's where you come in...I'm looking for suggestions for each letter of the alphabet. What would you like to know? So leave me a comment, click on the contact me tab, tweet me or use Google+. Just a warning...I've already done D Is For Doo-Doo and Z Is For Zebra. Thanks for your help!





No comments:

Post a Comment