Friday, February 14, 2014

It's All About Love

I'm guessing since today is Valentine's Day that you're thinking this is just another reminder to show your sweetie some extra love today. I agree, we probably don't tell those nearest to us how much they touch and enrich our lives, and maybe a day devoted to that is a good gentle reminder. (Farmer John and kids...Love you bunches!) But today I'm reflecting on the love I have witnessed this week.

Thanks to "Farm Life" for the photo.
Our family has been touched by some difficult times lately. As you may know, my mom is now home from her three month "vacation" in the hospital. My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece were in a serious car accident this past week. A very close family friend passed away suddenly last week, and our neighbors 2 year old son also passed away. Why am I telling you all of this? Through the grace of God we have been blessed with many close friends. Our friends have comforted us through our family's illnesses, accidents, and deaths. They have been by our side to say an encouraging word, comfort us with their prayers, bring meals or send greetings via phone calls and cards. For all these things, we are grateful.

What's my point? Acknowledge your friendships. Tell them you love and appreciate them. Friendships have helped lighten our load. For this, I am grateful. 

Thank you to all our friends. We love and appreciate you. When times turn difficult for you, you can count on us to be there for you!

Happy Valentine's Day!
from Bremer Farms and Dairy Makes Sense

No comments:

Post a Comment