Friday, November 1, 2013

This and That Thursday - 7

A little bit of this and a little bit of that- here's what we've been up to. 

Yes, I get it. It is not Thursday. I know that. And yes, I know that I have not posted twice this week, as I usually do. But please forgive me as I update you on my faith, family, friends and farming.

Love and hugs to my mom
You may remember that my dad passed away in September. What I haven't shared with you is that exactly one month prior to my dad's passing, my mom suffered a stroke. She is a tiger and has been fighting fiercely to recover, but this past month an infection slowed her recovery and she is recovering in the hospital (damn diabetes). Please add her to your prayers as she continues her battle.

We are officially half-way finished with our corn harvest. We have 10,000 bushels of corn harvested, and drying in our storage bin. Two things are holding up our completion of the project- We have had three days of rain this week which does now allow combining to continue, and our supplier ran out of propane. Propane is used to fuel our corn drying facility. Without drying the stored corn, it will rot and not be usable to feed our animals. We are not-so-patiently waiting for a delivery.

This photo did not make the cut.
Speaking of patience...we are waiting to see when and who will be visiting our farm from the Show Your Pride contest. Which Minnesota Viking do you think it will be?


Meet Trudy. She is one of six new calves to join Bremer Farms this week, including a set of adorable, healthy twins from one of our favorite cows, Weezy. What a perfect treat for Halloween!





Learn more about farming and our dairy way of life at Dairy Makes Sense

No comments:

Post a Comment