Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fuel Up To Play 60


This week I got to combine family, my love of dairy promotion, and the Minnesota Vikings, in a very special way. I was asked by Midwest Dairy to give a short speech at the Minnesota Vikings Playground Build. Each year the Vikings help build a playground with the assistance of Kaboom, a non-profit organization that builds playgrounds. This year, Howe Elementary in Minneapolis, Minnesota was the recipient of this beautiful new play space. When the building of the playground was complete, a short ribbon cutting ceremony was held. Here's a few highlights of the day.

My family and I were greeted by Viktor, the Vikings mascot.
Everyone had a job to do.

          Some Vikings carried playground equipment.
Some Vikings painted a mural.
Other Vikings raked.
 
Coach Frasier helped too.
And yet there was still time for some fun photos.
Five hours later, the playground was complete!
It was now time for the speeches from school officials, sponsors, Coach Frasier, and me! I spoke about the Fuel Up To Play 60 program which is an in-school program supported by Midwest Dairy and the Minnesota Vikings. 

Take a listen...





And finally, the ribbon cutting ceremony.



A huge thank you to Midwest Dairy for inviting me to be a part of this great day. Thanks also to the Minnesota Vikings for their partnership with dairy farmers on the "Fuel Up To Play 60" program. Lastly, thanks to the Vikings coaches and players for putting up with this star-struck farm family that kept asking "Can we take a photo with you?"

To see more photos, follow me on Twitter.com @mybarnyardview

No comments:

Post a Comment