Friday, July 27, 2012

Shakes and Floats Without The Root Beer

HCTV Staff  (My son, Michael is holding the red bindle stick)

 Shakes and Floats!

I love a parade! I may be a bit bias, but I think Hastings Rivertown Days has one of the best! Hastings is located on the banks of the "Mighty Mississippi" so we embrace the river! Our three day community festival is held the 3rd weekend of July each year. The weekend is filled with shows, dances, crafts, a carnival and so much more, but my favorite is the parade.

My daughter Sara helps too.
Our family has helped with the Hastings Community TV float for the last three years, (since my son started working there). Building the float is almost as exciting as being in the parade. It is fun to watch the parade viewers wave at the cameras on the float, to see themselves on TV. We have a lot of "hams" in Hastings!



Klover Klub 4-H helps distribute milkshakes
I also have another favorite in the parade. It's the County Dairy Princesses. Each year our three princesses walk with the Hastings Co-op Creamery. Together with Klover Klub 4-H, they hand out hundreds of milkshakes to the spectators that are eager to enjoy a cold, tasty treat while they watch the parade. Chocolate shakes and a parade! So sweet!




Dakota County Dairy Princesses
Janna Sorg and Beth Donally.
Not pictured Maggie Stiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment