Sunday, June 29, 2014

V Is For Video

It's June dairy Month! The barn doors are open, 
so join me on my daily A to Z journey 
to learn more about dairy. 

  V Is For Video
"Hi Janet!
Congrats on your nomination for the 2014 Social Media Farmer of the Year award. My name is Allison B. and for the past seven years I have interviewed farmers in our Q&A series for Food Nutrition & Science from the Lempert Report. We also do a video series that shows our readers a day in the life of a farmer."
 


 What's this? I believe I owe my readers an explanation. This spring I was notified by Midwest Dairy that they were nominating me for Social Media Farmer of the Year.  This is a nation-wide, first annual recognition of farmers and ranchers who promote their industry using social media in an effective way. I just received an email last week letting me know that I was not the winner (insert sad face here) and that the winner would be announced in August. If I were a highly paid Hollywood actor, this would be the time to smile politely and say, "It was an honor just to be nominated." I may not be a movie star, but I do agree with the sentiment, it really is an honor to even be mentioned. 

Back to V Is For Video...
Since telling my dairy farming story is the goal of my blog, I jumped at the opportunity to share a video with the Lempert Report. But who is Phil Lempert?



"Known as The Supermarket Guru ® , Lempert is a distinguished author and speaker who alerts customers and business leaders to impending corporate and consumer trends, and empowers them to make educated purchasing and marketing decisions. For twenty plus years Phil has served as food trends editor and correspondent for NBC News’ Today show, reporting on consumer trends, food safety and money-saving tips, as well as showcasing new products, as well as regular appearances on ABC’s The View , The Oprah Winfrey Show, 20/20, CNN, CNBC, FOX , as well as on local television morning and news programs throughout the country."

And now I am proud to present "Bremer Farms" a video
 produced by my son Michael.



You can also view the video by visiting these sites...

Food, Nuitrition & Science from the Lempert Report.

or


My Farmer spotlight "Q and A" will be in an upcoming Food, Nutrition & Science posting. I'll let you know when that happens. 

Until then, please share my video of Bremer farms. I want everyone to see how much we dairy farmers care about that glass of cold milk you enjoy! 






No comments:

Post a Comment