Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I Is For Ice Cream

It's June Dairy Month! The barn doors are open, 
so join me on my daily A to Z journey 
to learn more about dairy. 

  I is for Ice Cream

Do you honestly think I would go through all of June Dairy Month without talking about ice cream? I didn't think so.

  • It takes 12 pounds of milk to make one gallon of ice cream.  
  • The United States enjoys an average of 48 pints per person, per year. That's more than any other country.
     
  • It takes an average of 50 licks to polish off a single scoop ice cream cone.
     
  • Vanilla is the most popular flavor. There's a lot to be said for versatility!



I wonder how much of that is ice cream?





Have you ever made ice cream? I found this delicious little ice cream recipe, (on Pinterest, of course) and it doesn't even require an ice cream machine!



No comments:

Post a Comment