Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hannah Holstein and 4-H

Jan judging 4-H demonstrations


Hannah Holstein at the Minnesota State Fair
Day 2

The 4-H program has always been a big part of my life. Back when I was 12 years old, I did my first Minnesota State Fair demonstration on Platform IV in the 4-H Building. "Color My World" was the demonstration title and I showed how to use different color schemes to decorate your home. I was nervous and excited at the same time. From that day forward I was hooked on demonstrating, so it is no surprise that I judge demonstrations at many County Fairs as well as the State Fair. This year Sara and I will judge 4-H demonstrations three days at the Minnesota State Fair. Come on Hannah Holstein, it's back to the fair. Yipee!


Hannah Holstein enjoyed Meghan's Peanut Butter Bars

Mary taught fair-goers how to raise calves

One of the benefits of judging is that we judges get to enjoy a delicious meal at the 4-H Dining Hall. The 4-H Building is affectionately called the 4-H Hilton, which I'm sure refers to the deluxe accommodations. Now that I recall my 4-H days, I don't think the 4-H Building has changed since I was twelve. The food is great however, and my niece Dena (L), who works at the fair, and Sara (R), topped off their meal with milk. They know that milk gives them protein and riboflavin which provides the energy they need to enjoy the great Minnesota State Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment