Sunday, March 16, 2014

"Souper" Election Results

Last week I served as an election judge for our local Township election. There was only one candidate on the ballot, a Township supervisor, running unopposed, who has held this position for 30+ years. Obviously my neighbors think he is doing a darn good job (and I agree) since no one is stealing the job away from him.



I always enjoy helping at the elections. I think it's in my genes...My dad was a city councilman for many, many years, and my mom has served as an election judge for many years in their community too. As much as I enjoy being a part of this election process, I also look forward to the "perks" - seeing my neighbors, working with the other judges, and the food! Food? Yes, food! You see, each of the judges contributes to our smorgasbord of delicious food offerings, since we election judge over two meal times. 

Besides the election proving we have a great Township Supervisor, the election proves we also have great cooks in our township! Thanks to Eileen for this dairy-delicious Wild Rice soup.

Wild Rice Soup
Ingredients
1 C diced celery
1 C diced onions
1 C diced carrots
1 C diced potatoes
1 small carton half & half
2 C milk
2 - 26 oz cans of cream of chicken soup (any cream soup will work)
Wild Rice (I used 1 C dry Canoe Brand Wild/White Rice combination) - cooked per directions.
Directions
Steam diced potatoes and diced carrots.
Cook celery and onions over medium heat until soft.
Mix half & half, milk, and soups over medium heat.
Add any spices (I like basil, sage, marjoram).
Add onions, celery, carrots, potatoes, and cooked rice to sauce mixture.
Heat.

Optional:   Add cut up cooked chicken and mushrooms.
 
 Visit Dairy Makes Sense for more dairy-delicious recipes.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment