Sunday, June 23, 2013

T Is For Trivia

I'm taking you on a journey from A to Z through the land of dairy! 
There's no need to pack your bags, just come along!
  T Is For Trivia
Our family loves board games. Farmer John's favorite is Risk. I'm guessing it is because he knows a lot about history and military tactics, which makes him a force-to-be-reckn'd-with. My top choice for game night would be Scrabble. It rolls together writing and spelling, two things I like to believe I'm good at. Michael's new favorite is Pandemic. I think he likes the power of saving the world from a deadly disaster. And Sara, well what ever game you name, she probably owns it. She is addicted to board games and so are her friends, so she is always on the prowl for new ones to stump her family and friends. 
This may not be a board game, but let's see if I can stump you with a few dairy odds 'n ends.

cow photo: cow coww.gif
Did you know-
  • It takes 25 gallons of milk to make 9 gallons of ice cream, or 11 pounds of butter.
  • The average American drinks about 25 gallons of milk each year.
  • The dairy industry supports over 38,000 jobs in the state of Minnesota.
  • Milk remains fresh for 7-10 days after the expiration date if it is refrigerated at 35-40 degrees.
  • Cows can detect odors up to six miles away. 

Did I stump you with any of these dairy odds 'n ends? I wonder if there's a market for a dairy version of "Trivial Pursuit." I could call it "Moonopoly" or "Pictiondairy" or...

Learn more about dairy at Dairy Makes Sense
 
I am making a commitment to share as much as I can with you each day this month, about the life of our dairy farm family including what we do, how we share our passion for dairy, and dairy foods we enjoy.

 See you here tomorrow...U Is For Unexpected

No comments:

Post a Comment