Saturday, November 11, 2017

Calzone Pinwheels

I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I love cheese! I have pretty good radar when it comes to finding recipes that include cheese, and lots of it! When our friend Ana made these Calzone Pinwheels as a snack for my family, I knew I needed to share the recipe with you. 

This batch stayed in the oven a bit too long, but I'm still shocked I got a photo before they were gobbled up!

Calzone Pinwheels

Ingredients
1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup diced pepperoni
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix the first nine ingredients.
2. Unroll crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; press perforations to seal. Spread rectangles with cheese mixture within 1/4 inch of edges. Roll jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
3. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into four slices; place on a greased baking sheet, cut side down. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce. Makes 16 appetizers.

Thanks to Taste Of Home for this recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment