Sunday, May 10, 2015

Best And Wisest Mom

 My Mom is the strongest, most giving woman I know. She is a farmers daughter, a farmers wife and a farm mom too. 

 The past year and a half have not been easy for her, but with God's guidance she has continued to be strong. She has come face-to-face with a stroke, infections, a mild heart attack, bypass surgery, the loss of  her right leg, colon cancer, and the loss of my dad, her farmer husband. 

Through all this, our mother-daughter roles have become somewhat reversed. It is now time for her to do the receiving, and not all the giving. But no matter what our family does for mom, we can never repay her for what she gave all of us. Thank you God, for my strong, giving Mom.

Best and Wisest Mom
By Joanna Fuchs
  Mom, I wish I had words to tell
How much you mean to me.
I am the person I am today,
Because you let me be.
 Your unconditional love
Made me happy, strong, secure.
Your teaching and example
Made me confident, mature.
  In all the world, there is no mother
Better than my own.
You're the best and wisest person, Mom
I have ever known.

Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment