Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Sweet Gig

My life is hard.
I HAD to eat that cupcake. I mean it. I HAD to eat that cupcake!



And not just one cupcake, but nine cupcakes! 
Okay, that's a slight exaggeration. 
I didn't eat nine cupcakes. I ate part of nine cupcakes.


I was asked to be part of a panel of judges for the 1st Annual Cupcake Competition held at our local hospital and retirement home. Talk about a sweet gig! Why wouldn't I say yes? I have 30+ years of County and State Fair judging experience, plus, come on, it's CUPCAKES, for Pete's sake! I'm not going to turn down that offer.


We judges took our job very seriously, as we savored every bite. 
Lemon, pineapple upside-down cupcakes, fudge, root beer, strawberry- 
each one...de-li-cious!


As we sampled cupcakes, in preparation for crowning the winner; 
a very successful bake sale was also being held. 
All this to support  Alzheimer's Disease research, 
a condition I am much too familiar with since my Grandma had it.


I am so proud to be a part of an amazing community that cares for the health and well-being of its residents. 
And the cupcakes were pretty amazing too!
What a sweet gig!

No comments:

Post a Comment